Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas wall hanging


A friend gave me a couple shopping bags full of craft items. There were some Christmas pieces in there that had some red that had run into them at some point. I was going to toss them, but my daughter really liked how they looked when I stuck them up on the design wall. I made up the wall hanging for her, hoping that the red would wash out. If it'll bleed in, it should bleed out, right?? ........ No.

The pieces weren't anywhere near the same size, so I trimmed until they were pretty equal. Two different sets were taller than the majority of the blocks. I had some plaid on a black background and stuck that in as filler, and used the same fabric for the binding.

I used the last of my new pantos for quilting this one. It's Surf's Up, from Diff'rent Strokes.
Hmmm....maybe I should put my camera on a tripod when taking photos! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.