Sunday, May 25, 2008

More quilts completed







I've been a busy little bee, working on getting some quilts finished. Top left is a pattern I found in a magazine, which I need to dig out. I want to make another one of these. I bought pre-quilted borders, os had a challenge applying them correctly. Top right is a pattern called Lilabet's Garden, which was a block of the month pattern on a yahoo group. Midlle left is Logan's quilt. Her Mom, Dad and Logan are in the picture. Logan did most of the sewing getting the blocks constructed. Once blocks were put into rows, it was a bit much for her to manage.
Middle right is Nine Patch Garden. It involves trapunto, and I worked several years, getting this one to a completed stage. Bottom photo is a ssouthwest fabric Disappearing Nine Patch, with the trimmings from the 5" squares being used to make a piano key border.

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Linda, super super great quilting .... I can't pick a favorite.

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

Terrific looking Lillibet's Garden. I collected those BOMs also and even have *fabric* pulled for it. And there it languishes, waiting for its day in the sun.

Your completed quilt is *very* inspiring. How did you quilt it?

I haven't done very many quilts that have applique on them, so I'm not so sure what/how the quilting should be done with respect to the applique part.