Thursday, December 22, 2005

Closer to finished

Quilting - Tonight, I finished sewing the binding on the first placemat. I had sewn to one side last night, and hand sewed it to the other side tonight, so one placemat is done! I went to the other PM and put all those little ending threads from the back side onto a needle, so I could knot and bury them. That's done. I have just the binding to put on and I'll be done with my last Christmas gift.

Angel - one of the patients on my unit died today, and instead of calling the social worker to be with the family for the funeral home stuff, working through the crying, etc., I did it myself, as I knew the social worker was overloaded and hadn't been feeling well. It put me a little behind in my routine, but by the end of the day, I was caught up. It really felt good to give him that gift!

No comments: