Wednesday, December 21, 2005

New thread

Quilting - I had planned to cut the bias binding for the placemats tonight, but I have no energy - still coughing from the bug a week and a half ago. I did stop by the LQS after work and pick the remainder of the swap blocks that were due me and bought some cream colored thread. Choir rehearsal was short tonight. Only about half the choir was there, and we were all coughing. I took a charity crib quilt for Connie for Sojourner Center.

Angels - I let a few people into heavy traffic on the way home from work, but I do that so often, it can probably no longer count as an angel. I did do one thing that is a questionable angel. I had hidden Ray's vehicle keys so he couldn't drive while he was still on narcotics after his surgery. He had asked me to drive our big vehicle today so he could the little car. He's been off the Percocet, so I dug his little car keys out of hiding and put the on the rack. He never knew there weren't there all the time. I saved him the grief of being upset about me taking control, but it's still a questionable angel. I did receive an angel today, though! Debbie brought me something that she saw at a craft show and had to buy for me. It's a glass front shadow box wall hanging, with a hanging spool of thread in it and a saying - "May the threads of our friendship never be broken". I've already hung it in the sewing room.

No comments: