Tuesday, January 10, 2006

1/10/06


I did some more sewing together of sashing pieces and cornerstones this morning, but haven't put them into strips yet. I took my handy-dandy gift certificate to JoAnn's tonight and bought the fabric I'll need for the mystery quilt that we'll be doing at the retreat at the end of February. I was having trouble picking fabrics, and asked another shopper if she was a quilter. We hit it off, and she stayed with me through several focus fabrics until I found just what I wanted. Chatted up the clerk at the cutting table - discussed baking bags for microwaves, and creating block patterns. Her grandmother is teaching her to quilt, and has probably only three more months to live, so it's bittersweet for her. I've told her about about.com, so she may show up in the quilting forum one of these days.
The mystery quilt I'm doing requires a 'dark' focus fabric, a light background and an accent fabric. My focus isn't truly dark, but compared to the background, it is, so I hope it will work. Both the background and focus fabrics have paisley, which I love. The background fabric is really a little greener than the photo shows.

No comments: