Monday, January 23, 2006

1/23/06




Once again, it's been awhile. I've been working hard on the UFOs and will post pictures. To the right, this is a possible lay-out, using three different stack and whack cat fabrics. My granddaughter, Jenny, admired them, and will be getting this one when it's done. (When it's done, I'll have 8 tops waiting to be quilted!) My friend, Debbie, suggested that I leave the ends the way they are. I may give that a try and see how hard it is to put the binding on.
The bright colors photo is the quilt that is using up the last of my matching game (pairs of novelty fabrics) quilt. It is the 7th or 8th quilt that I've made from these swap blocks, and I'm getting pretty sick of them. The others all had black sashing, which made the colors pop out. I got sick of black and chopped up some gaudy fabric to use for sashing, adding hot pink cornerstones. It's a bit much, but it's staying at my house, so it's OK. The pictures shows only the top half of the quilt. The rest has been added since the photo was taken. I'll add another shot of the fabric. Since this is a matching game quilt, and some of the fabric looks like it's on fire, I've named this quilt "Flaming Matches".

No comments: