Monday, January 16, 2006

1/16/06


I haven't been here in a while, again! The quilting forum at about.com is to have a new guide, and Susan has started a new quilting forum on delphi. I've been trying to keep up with both forums!
I did finish the sashings and cornerstones for the last quilt I was working on, and that is now a completed top. I've put together four sets of pillow panels to be used as a charity quilt, and I've started the last (finally) of the novelty blocks quilts. This one is to live at my house for grandchildren to use when they come to visit. I was getting sick of black sashings, so chose a bright blue/green/orange/purple/yellow splotchy fabric, and will use hot pink cornerstones. I'll need to wear sunglasses, when I'm around it, but grandchildren should love it.
I've also been doing the ahead of time cutting for the mystery quilt that we'll do at the retreat at the end of Februaruy. You can see a bunch of the QSTs in the photo. The green isn't as pale as the photo shows.
My goal is to get two or three things off my UFO list that have been there for more than two years. There are several of them!
I now have five completed tops to be quilted, and in a couple days, should be able to say that it's six tops.

No comments: